Sociology and Social Studies, Law, Business Management, Computer Science, Communications/Media are the popular courses Indian students pursue in UK.
Admission process Requirements
These vary between study programs and levels. For each course, Indian students will need to meet a minimum English language requirement. Along with that a minimum academic record of 65% and above for humanities stream in class XII, and 70 - 80% and above for Science/Commerce stream in class XII will also be required. Foundations and Diploma programs are available for students who have secured below 60%. The student should have completed 18 years of age before joining a degree program.
It is important to note that these numbers are just for reference purpose, the actual numbers may differ from university to university
The following documents also need to be submitted:
- Attested copies of mark sheets of class X, XII, and the Bachelor's degree (if applicable) At least, two academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently
- If you have work experience then two letters of recommendation from the employer/manager who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IELTS / TOEFL
- Portfolio (in case of students applying for art and design courses & architecture programs)
- Others (certificates/achievements at the state and national level and extracurricular activities)
- Proof of funds
- You will need to register and create an account on the official UK Visa website.
When you have completed your online application form, you will need to print and sign your completed form. You must use the online appointment calendar to book an appointment at the visa application center. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number. Enrolments
- Apply before the deadline!
- You may have to appear for a video interview in front of the admissions committee.
- You will get your rejection letter via e-mail by April-June (the months may vary). The acceptance letter helps you attain student visa.
- Gather paperwork for your student visa.
- Depending on the deadline, you will need to notify the universities of your decision, pay a non-refundable deposit, and apply for your student visa.