Do you aspire to go abroad for your higher education to pursue a particular discipline? Or would like to see a different part of the world? Do you dream of immigrating to a foreign country?
Christian Global Net Services the simplest solution to study abroad. It helps out students for education options in Australia, Canada and UK. Studying in these well known Universities will enable you to gain an internationally recognized qualification that will prepare you for life and work. Studying overseas at a University that is equivalent to your eligibility and uses your strength to bring about a life-changing experience that will unwrap your intellect and offer you an edge when you enter the workforce.
Deciding on an overseas education in your higher academic years is the best choice you will ever make in your life. A study abroad experience will promote you in ways beyond your mind and hope. It will tender you an opening to ascertain a unique culture, make friendships, associations and relationships, and receive an education that goes in an extensive manner in your holistic growth.
Our team will engage in conducting a inclusive profiling process with you which will help you examine your overall profile and current status with respect to your future short-term & long-term goals. An approach that will provide lucidity in terms of your requirements our suggestions.
Under this stage, our team will do the following:
- Assess your academic & professional background
- Provide you profile improvement tips based on your preferred course of study
- Help you realize the aptness of various course options based on your current profile
Our Experts have been fruitful in placing students in reputed universities and provided quality education in line with their requirements. We make an effort to match your aspirations with university options while keeping in mind your educational and specialized background. We will do a check of your academic performance, test scores, credentials, and work experience.
- Applicants are serviced by experts who are highly experienced professionals some of whom have themselves studied abroad
- One-on-one and customized service provided for both Counseling and Editing of applications
- Our sound placement record –Applicants serviced through us have received admission offers from highly reputed universities abroad
- University Selection – Our expert Counselors help applicants in selection of the right kind of colleges/universities
- Compiling Letters of Recommendation, Essays and Resumes – We assist applicants in understanding & implementation of the highly qualitative feature of foreign university applications – essays, statements of purpose, resumes etc.
- Application Assistance & Counseling – We counsel and assist applicants in filing up their application forms and review them as well
- Visa– We assist applicants in finalizing their visa documents
All countries have their immigration laws; the exact requirements might vary from country to country but there are some mandatory documents, which are generic and apply to all the countries.
Both IELTS and TOEFL are standardized tests determine your English level by assessing your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, the two tests differ in format, scoring and more. This is to be noted that universities are often square with either of the aforementioned language proficiency tests and also lower scores but for a visa, there are set requirements in terms of the test type and score; for instance, TOEFL is not recognised by the UK. So there is a possibility of visa rejection if either/both of the requirement(s) is not met; hence the students should remain well informed even before applying to universities.
We are well informed about the visa requirements of more or less all the countries in terms of relevant documentation, financial aspects, and key aspects of the visa interview. We will not only guide you through the process but will also review all the documents before submission.
Basic Eligibility Requirements for Australian Student Visa
Like in any visa, there are some basic requirements which a student must meet to be eligible for a Student Visa for Australia. These are listed below:
Students enrolled in a full-time study course are only eligible to apply for a Student Visa under Subclass 500. Part-time and distance learning courses do not qualify.
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)
Getting an Australian Student Visa requires the student to be able to prove that he/she is a Genuine Temporary Entrant. Essentially, that means that you should be able to convince that you only intend to travel to Australia for studies and would return to your home country at the end of the course or after a few years of experience. Your Visa Applications are accordingly assessed on various factors, namely;
- Your circumstances in your home country which includes your economic circumstances.
- Potential circumstances/opportunities for you in Australia
- Value of your chosen course to your future
- Your immigration history
- Any other relevant matters
Health Check-up and Insurance
In order to receive a student visa for Australia, you need to provide proof that you are in good health. You can do so by providing a certificate of good health. The health check-up and certificate can only be provided by the empanelled doctors. You can make an appointment with the one closest to you for the same. E Medical Facilities are available in India and often the records are updated immediately. You would be provided with a HAP id which you would need to provide at the time of filling the form. Also, Indian students also need to provide a Chest X-Ray that proves that you do not suffer from Tuberculosis since India is considered a high-risk country.
You can apply for a health check-up before or after starting the visa application. However, getting it beforehand would ensure quicker processing.
Apart from a health check-up, you also need a Health Insurance or an OSHC (Overseas Students Health Cover). At the time of visa application, you should have an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your visa. Depending on the duration of your health cover, your visa tenure would be settled so make sure that it covers the duration of your course. The average cost of OSHC is AUS$438 for 12 months for a single student.
Students are required to provide proof of good character which necessarily suggests that you do not have any criminal case against you and/ or you have never been deported from Australia before. Often, a simple declaration of the same is accepted on the form.
Documents Required for Student Visa for Australia
As per the tool available on DIBP’s website, students can ascertain the documents which would be required. We are providing you with all the possible documents which might be required under Streamlines and Regular Evidentiary documents. Remember, since the application is only online, students must ensure that they have scanned copies of all the documents listed ready before they start their online application. Also, please remember that the list of Regular Evidentiary Documents is in addition to the documents required for the SSVF processing.
- Valid Passport - Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in Australia.
- Non-immigrant Visa Application
- Application fee payment receipt
- Confirmation of Enrolment Form (COE) - To obtain a visa to study in Australia you must be fully enrolled in an Australian institution and receive a “Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)”. These forms are issued by the Australian institution you will be attending. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received.
- Acceptance letter from your host university, this will include the proposed study plan
- Overseas health insurance receipt (OSHC)
- Recent Digital photographs
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended
- English Language Test Scores
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Evidence of Financial Capacity
The dependents also apply under SubClass 500 and pay the additional fee required. You must declare all family members on your visa application at the time of submission, even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, later on, your family members will not be eligible for the grant of dependent visas to join you in Australia.
The partner of the student gets a Dependent Visa and a valid work permit for the same duration as the primary applicant. This is applicable only for the Master's degree application.
Part-Time Work Options under Student Visa Subclass 500
The part-time work options for students going to Australia have remained unchanged. Under Visa Subclass 500, students are eligible to work for up to 40 hours in a fortnight while the course is in Session and for unlimited hours when the course is not in session (during breaks). The only proviso is that the student cannot start working until the course commences.
A few things to remember:
- Students cannot work until the session begins. For instance, say your course starts in January 2019 and you reach Australia by December 2018, then you cannot take up employment till your session begins.
- In casework is a normal part of the curriculum of the course you are enrolled for then this limit does not apply. This is usually applicable in the case of compulsory internships of integrated courses.
- Also, students that fall under the Post Graduate Research Sector can work for unlimited hours when the research work or doctoral thesis begins. Also, in case there are any preliminary courses that the student has enrolled in, the student is eligible to work as per the 40 hours per fortnight rule mentioned above.
- Students completing the Australian study requirement can apply for a Post-study Work Permit under Graduate Stream. However, students enrolled in an ELICOS cannot apply for Post Study Work Permit for Australia.
Why study in the USA?
Being a diverse country, the United States is the safest place for students, particularly from India, and there is no need for any fear of racism. So in that sense, the US is a safe country for Indian students. If you have decided to study in the US, your choice of destination country needs no validation as the US is considered the best study abroad destination. Not to justify your choice but to further strengthen your decision, we at Studyabroad.shiksha.com have compiled a few reasons why considering the US as your study abroad destination is a wise decision. Although the reasons to consider a country may differ widely among students, there are a few standout features which make every place different than others. Below are a few of the reasons why going to the US to study might be a really good decision.
Programs to fit your needs
The US offers a very diverse range of higher education options compared to any other country in the world. With such wide options for learning opportunities, no matter what your ability or ambitions are, there will be some perfect course for you. Many of the universities customize a few of their courses for international students as well.
In America, it is very common to change university after two years of study during undergraduate courses within the same faculty. Most institutions accept credits from other universities to the same course. So you are not required to complete all four years of study in the same college to finish your degree. This flexibility gives you the opportunity to transfer your credits to a higher ranked institution, given if you have good enough grades
You Can Extend Your Reach and Network
This applies not just to the US, but to any study abroad destination country. Networking is an important part of every career and finding the right connections leads them to further heights in their career. Those who have international living or work experience and are multilingual will have a huge advantage over other people in the job market. At American universities, the chances of you coming across well-known names in the industry are very high. That will be crucial once you have hands-on field experience.
Diversity and Variety
You can study at a large public university or college or if you prefer a smaller community, you may choose a small private university. People in the US also vary among each other a lot. Along with American citizens, you will come across diverse cultures like Mexicans, Asians along with Indians. There is a strong Indian community in the US. Essentially, the USA is a multiracial society that is still absorbing new immigrants, which makes it a continuous melting pot of communities and cultures; an experience which will enrich your understanding of the world.
How to study in the USA from India?
Study in the USA for Indian Students, In 2016, Indians were the top-recipient of the high-skilled H-1B visas and were also the second-largest community of international students staying in US. The US government records claim that immigrants from India are better educated, more likely to have strong English language skills, arrive on employment-based visas, and are less likely to live below the poverty line than the overall immigrant population. Many Indians work in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields. Almost one-third of all Indian immigrants reside in just two states: California and New Jersey. More than one-quarter of all Indian immigrants live in three major metropolitan areas: New York, Chicago, and San Jose.
The education system in the USA
US Education system – Many students who are going to pursue their higher studies in the US must be surprised to know that the US has no educational system. The Federal government can influence education only by the funding it offers, but this is limited. Unlike CBSE board examinations in India, there is no national high school graduation examination. There are, however, state graduation examinations, and students must pass these. At the higher education level, students have a wide range of options when they choose a college or university. Although there are agencies that attempt to rank American colleges and universities, the concept of “fit” is also important. The GPA* of admitted students is important, but majors offered, location, the number of students enrolled, and campus culture are all factors influencing a prospective student’s decision. Some colleges and universities are publicly funded, while others are privately supported.
*GPA means grade point average. It is the average of all grades received.
Popular student destinations: The top universities in the US are Princeton University, Harvard University, Yale University, Columbia University and Stanford University (in no particular order). The area of New England on the east coast of the US is the center of all its renowned academic institutes. Most of the best colleges in the country are situated in cities like Boston, New York, Cambridge, Old Saybrook, New Haven. Approximately, 1,86,000 Indian students were studying in the US during the academic year 2017-18. Business Management, Computer Science, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Communications/Media, Physical and Life Sciences are the popular courses Indian students pursue in the US.
Popular courses:Sociology and Social Studies, Law, Business Management, Computer Science, Communications/Media are the popular courses Indian students pursue in UK.
Admission process Requirements
These vary between study programs and levels. For each course, Indian students will need to meet a minimum English language requirement. Along with that a minimum academic record of 65% and above for humanities stream in class XII, and 70 - 80% and above for Science/Commerce stream in class XII will also be required. Foundations and Diploma programs are available for students who have secured below 60%. The student should have completed 18 years of age before joining a degree program.
It is important to note that these numbers are just for reference purpose, the actual numbers may differ from university to university
The following documents also need to be submitted:
- Attested copies of mark sheets of class X, XII, and the Bachelor's degree (if applicable) At least, two academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently
- If you have work experience then two letters of recommendation from the employer/manager who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IELTS / TOEFL
- Portfolio (in case of students applying for art and design courses & architecture programs)
- Others (certificates/achievements at the state and national level and extracurricular activities)
- Proof of funds
- You will need to register and create an account on the official UK Visa website.
When you have completed your online application form, you will need to print and sign your completed form. You must use the online appointment calendar to book an appointment at the visa application center. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number. Enrolments
- Apply before the deadline!
- You may have to appear for a video interview in front of the admissions committee.
- You will get your rejection letter via e-mail by April-June (the months may vary). The acceptance letter helps you attain student visa.
- Gather paperwork for your student visa.
- Depending on the deadline, you will need to notify the universities of your decision, pay a non-refundable deposit, and apply for your student visa.
What is a Study Permit?
A study permit is a document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities that serves as permission for foreign students to study in Canada. International students cannot study in Canada without getting a valid study permit. Apart from this, students who get a study permit are allowed to enroll only in Designated Learning Institutions.
Getting the Study Permit
You are required to carry the Letter of Introduction along with all the specified documents to Canada. At the airport, you would meet with an Immigration Officer. Present the Passport and the Letter of Introduction to the border control agency officer who would then validate the same and if found adequate, issue you your Study Permit.
Eligibility criteria for Canada Student Visa
You can apply for a Canada Study visa if you fulfill the following criteria:
- You have been accepted by a designated learning institute (DLI).
- You need to prove that you have adequate funds to pay your tuition fee and living expenses.
- You need to prove that you have a clean background and no criminal record. The aspirants need to produce a police certificate to prove this.
- You need to do a health checkup and produce a medical certificate that certifies that you are in good health.
Which Documents are required for Canadian Visa?
You should apply for the student visa after you get the college acceptance letter. You should begin with the visa process around June if aiming at the September intake. Following are the documents needed to apply.
1. Valid Passport
You would need a Valid Passport to be able to apply for a Study Permit. As of the Canadian High Commission, it is important that you have a passport which validity that extends to cover the intended stay in Canada. For instance, if you plan to travel to Canada in September 2019 for a two-year course, your passport should be valid until at least September 2021.
2. Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution
You would need the acceptance letter from the university/Institute you are planning to attend. A Designated Learning Institute is the University which is recognized by the Immigration Department. (Here’s a list for your reference). In case you are applying for Quebec, you would also need a CAQ which you would be duly notified.
3. Proof of Funds
At the time of application for your Study Permit, you would have to show proof of funds. As per the present standards, you would have to prove that you would have enough funds to pay our tuition fees as well as take care of living expended. Apart from the above two, the student would also have to prove that he/she has enough funds for a return fair as well.
4. Passport Size Photographs
If you have opted for offline application, you would need two passport sized photographs that conform to the given standards. For online application, you must procure a digital copy of the photograph which should not be more than 4MB. Other requirements are standard about neutral facial expression, plain background as well as no headgear (unless for religious purposes). Note:
- Size of the image should be at least 35 mm x 45 mm
- Image should be recent (not older than 6 months)
5. Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
Canadian Immigration requires international students from India to undergo a compulsory Immigration Medical Examination from empanelled doctors. Students would have to book an appointment and visit the listed doctors for a medical examination, preferably a week before they start their Visa Application. This is to give the doctor enough time to validate and upload the necessary documents. Booking an appointment in advance with the nearest facility/ practitioner as per the list of empanelled doctors is always advised. The panel physician will perform a complete medical exam and may refer you for chest x-rays and laboratory tests. Once your exam has been completed, the physician will send the results to CIC.
6. English Language Proficiency Exam Score
Though not mandatory to have at the time of application, we strongly recommend that you have appeared for and get your English Language Proficiency Score before you start your Visa Application Process. As it is, you would have had to submit your English language proficiency score to confirm your admission to the Canadian University. TOEFL, IELTS, etc. are all acceptable.
7. Statement of Purpose
When applying for a Canadian Study Permit, you would be required to submit an essay stating the purpose of your trip to Canada and why you have chosen the particular institution. This would be prompted as an optional document in the checklist but we strongly recommend that you submit the same.
Processing Time for the Student Visa
Processing time is the time taken by the CIC for processing a visa application. It starts when the aspirant files the application until the final decision day. As such, there is no specific time period mentioned for processing a visa application. Aspirants (both online and paper) can view their applications through their My CIC account.